Wednesday, August 13, 2014

été 2014: Grilled Tuscan Chicken

This is totally a summertime dish. Easy, bright and lemony, kitchenless. My family loved the crispy, flavorful skin and tender, juicy meat. We used split chicken breasts because they are super cheap and we are hardcore budgeting. I'm sure any type of chicken will do, pretty much because this marinade is awesome.


Because cookbooks are expensive and must-have bestsellers are not in the budget right now, I am a frequent flyer to the library. I am there literally twice a week. It's sad. And nerdy.

On my holds list are always cookbooks. I found this little treasure in the brand spanking new cookbook by Debbie Mazar and her Tuscan husband Gabriele Corcos, Extra Virgin. Let's just say this cookbook is definitely on my wishlist. I found tons of great recipes. During my checkout I tried this one and it is now going to be a summertime staple.

I basically marinaded it. My man cooked it. We ate it. I love that!

























Grilled Tuscan Chicken
Taken from Extra Virgin

2 small handfuls chopped rosemary
1/2 cup olive oil
Juice of 2 lemons
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
2 (3 1/2 lb. chickens), cut up (I used 2 packages of split chicken breasts)
3 large handfuls arugula (I used Organic Girl Super Greens)
Lemon, sliced for serving

Special equipment needed: 2 foil covered bricks (I did not use)

Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the chopped rosemary, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a large resealable plastic bag.

Oil the grill grates, remove the chicken from the marinade and place the chickens skin-side down on the hot grill rack.
Place 2 foil-covered bricks on top of the chicken to weigh it down. Grill 20 minutes, then remove the bricks and flip. Continue cooking for 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before carving.
Serve the chicken on a bed of arugula with lemon slices.



















I served the chicken breasts with an organic spring salad mix and fresh mushrooms and plain old white rice.I love summertime for easy cooking. My kitchen is cool and there is WAY less clean up.
You can really taste the brightness of the lemon and of course the fresh rosemary just compliments that beautifully. Summer in a bite!



No comments:

Post a Comment