Saturday, August 2, 2014

été 2014: August 2nd: Balsamic Grilled Chicken





This recipe we recently tried this week turned out to be a hidden gem.
I made it on a whim. I had all the ingredients on hand and we were looking for something quick and easy to throw on the grill. 
Enter this fabulous marinade.

Seriously, it was OMG good. Even C-Bot liked it, which is rare.


I paid like $1 for this cookbook at a thrift store a LONG time ago.
My grandmother always loved Mr. Food so how can I go wrong.

Balsamic Marinated Chicken
From Mr. Food Cooks Chicken

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 chicken breasts, split, skinned and boned (I used 3)

In a large bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.  Add the chicken, cover, and marinate in fridge for up to 1/2 hour. (I marinated mine overnight) Remove the chicken from the marinade, discard the excess, and grill for 8-10 minutes per side, or until chicken is fork tender and no pink remains. Serve hot or cold.

BAM!
That's it. You have dinner. 

I served mine with pesto noodles and frozen cauliflower and carrots in butter and Parmesan.
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment