Thursday, July 31, 2014

été 2014: July 31: Healthy Snack

In my quest for unprocessed healthy snacks for a VERY picky eater, I came upon these little gems on Pinterest. I love easy recipes and C-Bot loves chocolate so I gave them a whirl.

I must say, they came out delicious!!! They were a hit with C-Bot and Man of the House. I would double the recipe because they don't make many unless you make them tiny. I will be making these on the regular so that we can have a quick, healthy pick me up.


They took me maybe all of 5 minutes to mix together, but you have to cool for an hour.


I froze half the batch to pull out as necessary. 

No-Bake Energy Bites
Found on $5 Dinners

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats or rice krispies.
2/3 cup peanut butter 
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded coconut flakes
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
about 3/4-1 cup mini chocolate chips


Add the rice krispies (or oats) to a bowl, crush lightly with your hand or potato masher.
Add the peanut butter, honey, coconut flakes and cinnamon and stir together.
Then add the chocolate chips.
Chill in the fridge for about an hour. Then form into balls.
Voila! You are done!




No comments:

Post a Comment